Rob Arnwine is a shareholder in Carr Allison’s Birmingham, Alabama office. He has a general defense practice with special emphasis on trucking litigation. An experienced litigator in both state and federal court, he has litigated a broad range of cases including wrongful death, professional liability, termite damage, premises liability and products liability. Rob has also drafted appeals to the Alabama Supreme Court and the Eleventh Circuit for the United States Court of Appeals.
Rob graduated cum laude, with his Bachelor of Arts from Mississippi State University and earned his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from the University of Alabama School of Law. Prior to law school, Rob served as a commissioned officer in the United States Navy. He deployed overseas aboard the USS THEODORE ROOSEVELT (CVN-71) in support of Operation Enduring Freedom and was stationed for two years in Washington, D.C. as a financial analyst with the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program.
• Tort Law Conference for Alabama Attorneys, Speaker
2016-2018 – Obtaining and using cell phone records in discovery
2014 – Using expert testimony to establish medical causation
• CLM Transportation Conference, Speaker, 2014, “What the Driver Sees, or Doesn’t See, at Night”
• ADLA Annual Meeting, Speaker, 2014
• CLE Webinar presented by M. Lee Smith Publishers, Presenter, 2014-2016
• Spring 2018, ADLA Journal, “Locating the Bessemer Division”
• Fall 2013, ADLA Journal, “Expert Testimony on Medical Causation: When ‘Possibly Caused’ is Good Enough”