Kyle Weaver is an associate in Carr Allison’s Tallahassee, FL office. His practice focuses on transportation litigation and premises liability.
Kyle earned his Bachelor of Science in Finance and Human Resource Management from Florida State University, where he was a member of the FSU Marching Chiefs and the Seminole Sound Pep Band. Kyle also worked as a runner in the Tallahassee office of Carr Allison while at FSU. It was this experience which prompted him to attend law school. He earned his Juris Doctor, summa cum laude, from Cumberland School of Law at Samford University (AL). While in law school, Kyle was Editor-in-Chief of the Cumberland Law Review, received the William J. Peeler Advanced Trial Advocacy Award and was selected by the faculty to serve as a Judge Abraham Caruthers Teaching Fellow. He has been published on various topics including evidence and employment law. Kyle clerked for Carr Allison in the Birmingham office throughout his second and third years of law school, during which time he researched and analyzed complex legal issues in civil litigation and obtained hands on experience in civil procedure, evidence, transportation litigation, employment law, premises liability and medical malpractice.
Kyle enjoys spending time with family, friends and the family dog, Penelope. He enjoys water sports including diving for lobster, spearfishing and salt water fishing.
- S. Kyle Weaver & Kayla A. Currie, A Summary of Nineteenth Street Investments, Inc. et al v. Robertson et al., CUMB. L. REV. (Oct. 27, 2015), https://cumberlandlawreview.wordpress.com/2015/10/27/a-summary-of-nineteenth-street-investments-inc-et-al-v-robertson-et-al/.
- S. Kyle Weaver, Employment Law – Alabama Legislators Consider Checking “Yes” on “Ban the Box,” CUMB. L. REV. (Feb. 9, 2016), https://cumberlandlawreview.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/employment-law-alabama-legislators-consider-checking-yes-on-ban-the-box/.
- S. Kyle Weaver, Element of Forcible Compulsion May Now Be Established by “Implied Threats” of Juvenile Offender in Position of Trust with Child Victim, 46 CUMB. L. REV. 137, 137–40 (2016)
- S. Kyle Weaver, Jefferson County Board of Health & Drummond Coal Company d/b/a ABC Coke v. GASP, CUMB. L. REV. (Oct. 19, 2016), https://cumberlandlawreview.com/2016/10/19/summary-of-the-issues-for-oral-arguments-to-be-held-at-cumberland-school-of-law/.
- S. Kyle Weaver, “He Said What?!”: SCOTUS Considers Juror Impeachment for Racist Remarks Made During Deliberations, CUMB. L. REV. (Jan. 23, 2017), https://cumberlandlawreview.com/2017/01/23/he-said-what-scotus-considers-juror-impeachment-for-racist-remarks-made-during-deliberations/.
- S. Kyle Weaver, New Overtime Rule Remains in Limbo After Trump’s First Week, CUMB. L. REV. (Jan. 28, 2017), https://cumberlandlawreview.com/2017/01/28/new-overtime-rule-remains-in-limbo-after-trumps-first-week/.